Deutsche Bank analyst Steve Powers raised the firm’s price target on Colgate-Palmolive to $87 from $85 and keeps a Buy rating on the shares. Although data points are "choppy," there have been a number of positive developments for the markets over the past several weeks, including lower than expected inflation in November, the Federal Reserve signaling a move to a more deliberate pace of hikes, and signs of progress away from Zero COVID policy in China, Powers tells investors in a research note. The positive developments are negative for relative returns of defensive assets like U.Sgreater than consumer staples, says the analyst. From here, he expects a "muddled and volatile macro backdrop to continue in the year ahead" and that a "less defensive posture of the market to endure as a base case."
Published first on TheFly
Read More on CL:
- Colgate Palmolive call volume above normal and directionally bullish
- Third Point buys TJX, exits Cenovus Energy in Q3
- ‘We Are Seeing Very Attractive Valuations’: Billionaire Dan Loeb Likes These 2 Stocks in Particular
- Third Point Takes Stake in Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL); Should You Invest?
- 2 Consumer Staple Stocks with 60+ Years of Dividend Increases