Truist analyst Michael Lewis lowered the firm’s price target on AvalonBay to $186 from $228 to reflect higher operating expenses and interest rates. The analyst also keeps a Hold rating on the shares, noting that the stock has priced in recovering fundamentals but trades at a premium valuation without an above-average growth outlook. Lewis further notes that markets such as NY and L.A. have elevated unemployment and continue to face outmigration to the South, while the large development pipeline faces rising costs.
Published first on TheFly
Read More on AVB:
- Essex Property downgraded to Neutral at BofA in residential REIT repositioning
- AvalonBay downgraded to Neutral on 2023 headwinds at Mizuho
- AvalonBay downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Mizuho
- AvalonBay price target lowered to $175 from $235 at Barclays
- AvalonBay downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Piper Sandler