LONDON, July 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “HER2-Negative Breast Cancer – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2028” report offered by GlobalData provides an overview of HER2-negative breast cancer including epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines. Additionally, the report analyses topline HER2-negative breast cancer market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
The sales of HER2-negative breast cancer therapeutics totaled $7.58 billion in 2018 in the 8MM. The market is anticipated to experience growth at a CAGR of more than 4% by 2028. The US will remain the largest market, largely due to the introduction of premium-priced therapeutics to the market and the label expansion of currently marketed products.
For more detailed statistics on HER2-negative breast cancer market sizing and forecast, download a sample report
HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Drugs Market Drivers
Apart from an increase in disease prevalence across the 8MM the approval and launch of 9 pipeline products: Merck’s Keytruda (pembrolizumab), EMD Serono/Pfizer’s Bavencio (avelumab), Roche’s ipatasertib, AstraZeneca’s capivasertib, Syndax Pharmaceuticals’ entinostat, Radius Health’s elacestrant, Immunomedics’ sacituzumab govitecan, OBI Pharma’s adagloxad simolenin, and Polyphor’s balixafortide will fuel the growth of the HER2-negative breast cancer drugs market. The increased uptake of recently launched products, particularly within Europe and Asia will also support the growth of the market. Moreover, the label expansions of currently marketed and pipeline therapies: Keytruda, Genentech’s Tecentriq (atezolizumab), Lynparza, and Pfizer’s Talzenna (talazoparib) will drive the HER2-negative breast cancer drugs market.
For more insights on HER2-negative breast cancer market drivers and challenges, download a sample report
HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market – Unmet Needs and Opportunities Assessment
The treatment of HER2-/HR+ breast cancer is characterized by a high level of clinical unmet needs. For the TNBC subtype, the focus is on the development of targeted therapies and immunotherapies as an alternative to traditional chemotherapy. The treatment of HR+ disease in earlier settings has effective treatment options, but unmet needs still exist in the metastatic setting.
In TNBC, the greatest unmet need revolves around developing a more personalized approach for patients. There is an increasing appreciation that TNBC is a heterogeneous disease. Accordingly, drugs are being developed to target different subsets of patients.
For more insights on unmet needs and opportunities in the HER2-negative breast cancer market, download a sample report
HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market – Pipeline Assessment
The current HER2-/HR+ breast cancer pipeline is demonstrative of strong innovation in the field. In addition to a significant number of new drug launches, clinical development is also focused on using marketed drugs in different lines of treatment and in unique combinatorial regimens during the 2018–2028 forecast period. This is expected to have a significant impact on the competitive landscape, in both early and later lines of treatment.
Large pharmaceutical companies and smaller biopharma companies both feature in the current pipeline at varying stages of the treatment algorithm. Larger pharmaceutical companies such as Merck & Co, Roche, and AstraZeneca will compete for the larger market shares in the checkpoint inhibitor (Keytruda) and PI3K/AKT inhibitor (ipatasertib, capivasertib) markets. In contrast, the smaller biopharma companies that feature in the pipeline are strategically positioned, often vying for dominance in smaller markets, typically in later lines of therapies.
For more insights on HER2-negative breast cancer drugs pipeline and forecast, download a sample report
HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market – Competitive Landscape
Recently, AstraZeneca and Novartis have been the two major players in the HER2-negative breast cancer market. Both companies have endocrine therapies that are solely used in the HER2-/HR+ metastatic breast cancer setting. AstraZeneca and Novartis have further consolidated their positions as market leaders, while other players have since entered the market and established themselves with practice-changing entrants.
Leading Companies in the HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market
- Eli Lilly
- Merck & Co
To know more about leading companies in the HER2-negative breast cancer market, download a sample report
HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market Report Scope
- Overview of HER2-negative breast cancer including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline HER2-negative breast cancer market revenue, the annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting HER2-negative breast cancer therapeutics sales in the 8MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs (Phase III).
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HER2-negative breast cancer therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HER2-negative breast cancer therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HER2-negative breast cancer market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global HER2-negative breast cancer therapeutics market from 2018-2028.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Histamine H4 Receptor (AXOR35 or G Protein Coupled Receptor 105 or GPRv53 or Pfi-013 or SP9144 or GPCR105 or HRH4) Drugs in Development by Therapy Areas and Indications, Stages, MoA, RoA, Molecule Type and Key Players, 2022 Update – Click here
- Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase (Visfatin or Pre B Cell Colony Enhancing Factor 1 or NAMPT or EC 184.108.40.206) Drugs in Development by Therapy Areas and Indications, Stages, MoA, RoA, Molecule Type and Key Players, 2022 Update – Click here
- Sjogrens Syndrome Marketed and Pipeline Drugs Assessment, Clinical Trials and Competitive Landscape – Click here
- Post-Polycythemia Vera Myelofibrosis (PPV-MF) Drugs in Development by Stages, Target, MoA, RoA, Molecule Type, and Key Players, 2022 Update – Click here
- Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia (WM) Marketed and Pipeline Drugs Assessment, Clinical Trials and Competitive Landscape – Click here
HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market Overview
|Market Size 2018||$7.58 billion|
|Leading Companies||AstraZeneca, Novartis, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Roche, Merck & Co, and Others|
What was the HER2-negative breast cancer market size in 2018?
The HER2-negative breast cancer market size was valued at $7.58 billion in 2018.
What is the HER2-negative breast cancer market growth rate?
The HER2-negative breast cancer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% from 2018-2028.
Which are the leading companies in the HER2-negative breast cancer market?
The leading companies in the HER2-negative breast cancer market are AstraZeneca, Novartis, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Roche, and Merck & Co.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 HER2-Negative Breast Cancer: Executive Summary
2.1 The HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Market Will Expand to $12.22B in 2028
2.2 A Focus on Establishing Greater Market Access, Label Expansions for Premium Products, and New Products in Later Lines
2.3 Opportunities Remain for More Effective and Conveniently Administered Therapies in HER2-Negative Breast Cancer
2.4 Checkpoint Inhibitors and PI3K/AKT Inhibitors Are Well Positioned for Significant Market Penetration Over the Forecast Period
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
4.2 Classification or Staging Systems
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.3.4 China (Urban)
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.2 Sources Not Used – 5EU
5.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for HER2-Negative Breast Cancer (2018–2028)
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Invasive Breast Cancer
5.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Invasive Breast Cancer
5.5.3 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HER2-/HR+ Breast Cancer
5.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases of TN Breast Cancer
5.5.5 Proportion of Diagnosed Incident cases of HER2-/HR+ Breast Cancer by Stages
5.5.6 Proportion of Diagnosed Incident cases of TN Breast Cancer by Stages
5.5.7 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HER2-/HR+ Breast Cancer by Menopausal Status
5.5.8 Diagnosed Incident cases of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer by PD-1 and PD-L1 Expression
5.5.9 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer with BRCA Mutation
5.5.10 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer with PI3KCA Mutation
5.5.11 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer by Bone Metastasis
5.5.12 Diagnosed Incident Cases of HER2-Negative Breast Cancer with Brain/CNS Metastasis
5.5.13 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of All Invasive Breast Cancer
5.5.14 Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HER2-Negative Breast cancer
5.5.15 10-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of All Invasive Breast Cancer
5.5.16 10-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HER2-Negative Breast cancer
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.6.2 Limitations of Analysis
5.6.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Disease Management
6.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
8.2 Developing More Personalized Treatment Options for TNBC Patients
8.3 Developing Novel Strategies to Tackle Endocrine Resistance in HR+ Disease
8.4 Improved Convenience for Administration of Hormonal Agents
8.5 Effective Treatment Strategies for Patients with Brain Metastases
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
10 Current and Future Players
10.2 Trends in Corporate Strategy
10.5 Eli Lilly
10.8 Merck & Co
10.9 Other Players
11 Market Outlook
11.1 Global Markets
11.1.2 Drivers and Barriers – Global Issues
11.2.2 Key Events
11.2.3 Drivers and Barriers
11.3.2 Key Events
11.3.3 Drivers and Barriers
11.4.2 Key Events
11.4.3 Drivers and Barriers
11.5.2 Key Events
11.5.3 Drivers and Barriers
12.3.1 Forecasting Methodology
12.3.2 Diagnosed Patients
12.3.3 Percent Drug-Treated Patients
12.3.4 Drugs Included in Each Therapeutic Class
12.3.5 Launch and Patent Expiry Dates
12.3.6 General Pricing Assumptions
12.3.7 Individual Drug Assumptions
12.3.8 Generic Erosion
12.3.9 Pricing of Pipeline Agents
12.4 Primary Research – Key Opinion Leaders Interviewed for This Report
12.4.1 Key Opinion Leaders
12.5 Primary Research – Prescriber Survey
12.6 About the Authors
12.6.2 Therapy Area Director
12.6.4 Managing Epidemiologist
12.6.5 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology
12.6.6 Global Head and EVP of Healthcare Operations and Strategy
12.7 About GlobalData
12.8 Contact Us
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision makers to predict and navigate the future. This is why GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
Head of PR EMEA
+44 (0)207 936 6400