Nikola announced that the Department of Energy Loan Program Office has invited its Phoenix Hydrogen Hub LLC project loan application into Part II of its application process. The project loan application was submitted on May 26, 2022 and has now progressed through the Part I review. The Phoenix Hydrogen Hub LLC owns 920 acres of undeveloped land in Maricopa County, Ariz. where the facility is planned to be sited to support the deployment of Nikola’s heavy duty, zero-emission fuel cell electric vehicles and hydrogen refueling stations in California and the U.S. Southwest. The application for a loan guarantee under the Innovative Clean Energy projects solicitation could amount to up to $1.3B for a renewable electrolytic hydrogen production facility that could produce up to 150 metric-tons of hydrogen per day. The application process is wholly dependent on the results of the Department of Energy review and evaluation of a Part II Application, and DOE’s determination whether to proceed. Construction of the first phase is anticipated to be completed in 2024, once final investment decisions and customary regulatory approvals are finalized.
Published first on TheFly
Read More on NKLA:
- Nikola, ChargePoint announce partnership
- Nikola (NASDAQ:NKLA) Founder Trevor Milton Convicted of Securities Fraud
- Nikola Completes Acquisition of Romeo Power
- Nikola Completes Exchange Offer to Acquire Romeo Power Common Stock
- Nikola Reminds Romeo Power Stockholders to Tender Shares in Exchange Offer Ahead of October 12 Deadline