Microsoft (MSFT) is prepared to fight for its proposed $69B takeover of Activision Blizzard (ATVI) if the U.S. FTC files a lawsuit aiming to block the transaction, Bloomberg’s Dina Bass and Katharine Gemmell report, citing a person familiar with the matter. Microsoft has not had talks with the FTC about remedies or concessions meant to get the deal approved, the authors note. The FTC is wrapping up its probe into the deal and is anticipated to make a recommendation soon, the authors say.
Published first on TheFly
Read More on MSFT:
- Microsoft Stock: Investor Fears Are Overblown, Says Morgan Stanley
- Blizzard Albany workers win union vote, Verge reports
- New ‘Pokemon’ remains highest selling game in Japan last week, Gematsu says
- Hedge Funds are Long Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT); Should Investors Follow?
- Capcom’s ‘Monster Hunter Rise’ out for Xbox, PlayStation in Jan 2023