Reports Q3 revenue $135.97M, consensus $111.31M. John Wobensmith, CEO, commented, "During the third quarter, we generated strong earnings driven by our sixth consecutive quarter of TCE exceeding $20,000 per day together with lower expense levels. Prudent cargo coverage taken during the second quarter resulted in significant benchmark freight outperformance during Q3 2022. Indicatively, our Ultramax and Supramax TCE during Q3 2022 was approximately $7,000 per day higher than the Baltic Supramax Index average for the quarter. The combination of these factors enabled us to increase our quarterly dividend by 56% on a sequential basis. Since implementing our value strategy, we have declared dividends of $2.74 per share over the last four quarters, delivering on our commitment to return substantial capital to shareholders. Based on our meaningful earnings power, combined with our proactive debt repayments and reduction of our cash breakeven levels, we remain well positioned to provide shareholders with sizeable dividends over the long-term through diverse rate environments."
Published first on TheFly
Read More on GNK:
- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited Announces Third Quarter 2022 Conference Call and Webcast
- Genco Shipping price target lowered to $27 from $31 at B. Riley
- 11 Shipping Stocks to Watch as Demand for Shipping Sinks
- Seeking at Least 16% Dividend Yield? This Top Analyst Suggests 2 Dividend Stocks to Buy
- Genco Shipping initiated with a Buy at Stifel