Enbridge (ENB) and Oxy Low Carbon Ventures, a subsidiary of Occidental (OXY), announced that the parties intend to work towards jointly developing a carbon dioxide sequestration hub in the Corpus Christi area of the Texas Gulf Coast. Enbridge and OLCV signed a letter of intent to explore this joint project, which would provide a complete CO2 solution for area emitters through the development of a pipeline transportation system and sequestration facility. Enbridge and OLCV would leverage each company’s strengths to advance the development of a sequestration hub and associated transportation infrastructure. Enbridge would develop, construct, and operate the pipeline facilities and OLCV would develop, construct, and operate the sequestration facilities. The hub is expected to provide CO2 solutions for Enbridge’s proposed facilities as well as other point source emitters in the Corpus Christi area. Enbridge and OLCV would jointly market the CO2 pipeline transportation and sequestration services to other third-party CO2 point source emitters in the Ingleside and Corpus Christi areas.
Published first on TheFly
Read More on ENB:
- Enbridge (TSE:ENB) Hikes Its Dividend, Now Yielding 6.4%
- Enbridge Inc. Announces 3.2% Quarterly Dividend Increase for 2023
- Enbridge Announces 2023 Financial Guidance and Dividend Increase
- Enbridge Completes Partnership Agreement in Woodfibre LNG
- Enbridge downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at National Bank