First published: 5.40 a.m. EST
WTI crude oil closed today’s session at $82.15 per barrel, equating to a gain of 4.7%, as broader markets trade higher cautiously amid economic jitters and global currencies including Yuan, Yen, and Sterling showing weakness against the greenback.
Meanwhile, Hurricane Ian remains a key event to keep an eye on and EIA inventories came in at +0.2 million barrels as compared to estimates of +0.44 million barrels.
U.S. natural gas also closed higher today at $6.933, up 2.56%.
Here are some stocks that could be affected by this news:
- Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLE)
- United States Oil Fund LP (USO)
- ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil (UCO)
- Exxon Mobil (XOM)
- Chevron (CVX)
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY)
- United States Natural Gas Fund LP (UNG)
- Cheniere Energy (LNG)
Read full Disclosure