Analysts fell to the sidelines weighing in on Southern Co (SO – Research Report) and Shell (SHEL – Research Report) with neutral ratings, indicating that the experts are neither bullish nor bearish on the stocks.
Southern Co (SO)
Evercore ISI analyst Durgesh Chopra maintained a Hold rating on Southern Co on July 28 and set a price target of $69.00. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $76.89, close to its 52-week high of $77.61.
According to TipRanks.com, Chopra is a 4-star analyst with an average return of
Southern Co has an analyst consensus of Hold, with a price target consensus of $75.63, representing a -0.3% downside. In a report issued on July 29, BMO Capital also maintained a Hold rating on the stock with a $77.00 price target.
In a report issued on July 28, Stephen Richardson from Evercore ISI maintained a Hold rating on Shell, with a price target of $60.00. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $53.38.
According to TipRanks.com, Richardson is a 4-star analyst with an average return of
The word on The Street in general, suggests a Strong Buy analyst consensus rating for Shell with a $68.40 average price target.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
Read More on SO:
- Analysts Offer Insights on Financial Companies: Virtu Financial (VIRT), Willis Towers Watson (WTW) and Eastgroup Properties (EGP)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Twitter (TWTR), WEX (WEX) and KLA (KLAC)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Services Companies: Texas Roadhouse (TXRH) and Mastercard (MA)
- Analysts Are Bullish on Top Consumer Goods Stocks: O’Reilly Auto (ORLY), VF (VFC)
- Robert W. Baird Thinks Ranpak Holdings’ Stock is Going to Recover