In a report issued on August 1, Shelby Tucker from RBC Capital maintained a Buy rating on American Water (AWK – Research Report), with a price target of $186.00. The company’s shares closed last Wednesday at $157.65.
According to TipRanks.com, Tucker is a top 100 analyst with an average return of 11.4% and a 76.2% success rate. Tucker covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as Constellation Energy Corporation, Public Service Enterprise, and American Electric Power.
Currently, the analyst consensus on American Water is a Hold with an average price target of $163.50, representing a 5.1% upside. In a report issued on July 28, Janney Montgomery also maintained a Buy rating on the stock with a $183.00 price target.
The company has a one-year high of $189.65 and a one-year low of $129.45. Currently, American Water has an average volume of 899.8K.
Based on the recent corporate insider activity of 38 insiders, corporate insider sentiment is negative on the stock. This means that over the past quarter there has been an increase of insiders selling their shares of AWK in relation to earlier this year.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
American Water Works Company, Inc. engages in providing drinking water, wastewater, and other water-related services in the United States. The company provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to residential, commercial and industrial customers.
Read More on AWK:
- Analysts Offer Insights on Industrial Goods Companies: Kinder Morgan (KMI), Air Canada (OtherACDVF) and Otis Worldwide (OTIS)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: Incyte (INCY), Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH) and Aptose Biosciences (APTO)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Consumer Goods Companies: Clorox (CLX) and TuSimple Holdings (TSP)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Check Point (CHKP) and HubSpot (HUBS)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Materials Companies: Barrick Gold (GOLD), Celanese (CE) and Novagold Resources New (NG)