According to TipRanks.com, Murphy is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 17.7% and a 64.1% success rate. Murphy covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as ZoomInfo Technologies, BigCommerce Holdings, and SEMrush Holdings.
Microsoft has an analyst consensus of Strong Buy, with a price target consensus of $374.16, which is a 29.7% upside from current levels. In a report issued on January 12, BMO Capital also maintained a Buy rating on the stock with a $360.00 price target.
Based on Microsoft’s latest earnings release for the quarter ending September 30, the company reported a quarterly revenue of $45.32 billion and net profit of $20.51 billion. In comparison, last year the company earned revenue of $37.15 billion and had a net profit of $13.89 billion.
Based on the recent corporate insider activity of 85 insiders, corporate insider sentiment is negative on the stock. This means that over the past quarter there has been an increase of insiders selling their shares of MSFT in relation to earlier this year.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
Microsoft Corp. is a technology company offering an array of software, services, and solutions as well as devices like personal computers, tablets and gaming consoles. It operates through the following business segments:
• Productivity and Business Processes: generates revenue from Office Commercial and Office Consumer offerings, LinkedIn and Dynamics business solutions.
• Intelligent Cloud: includes public, private and hybrid server products and cloud services.
• More Personal Computing: includes Windows licensing, Windows Commercial products and cloud services, Surface devices and PC accessories, gaming business and search advertising revenue.
The company was founded by Paul Gardner Allen and William Henry Gates III in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, WA.
Read More on MSFT:
- Meta to Launch Fastest AI Supercomputer by Mid-2022
- Roth Capital Thinks Fathom Holdings’ Stock is Going to Recover
- Roth Capital Thinks Digital Turbine’s Stock is Going to Recover
- Mizuho Securities Keeps Their Buy Rating on Gilead Sciences (GILD)
- Uber Partners with Smart & Final to Boost West Coast Deliveries