In a report released yesterday, Richard Shane from J.P. Morgan maintained a Hold rating on SLM (SLM – Research Report), with a price target of $18.50. The company’s shares closed last Thursday at $15.51, close to its 52-week low of $14.60.
According to TipRanks.com, Shane is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 14.1% and a 66.9% success rate. Shane covers the Financial sector, focusing on stocks such as Claros Mortgage Trust, Inc., Discover Financial Services, and Kkr Real Estate Finance.
Currently, the analyst consensus on SLM is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $19.92.
The company has a one-year high of $20.88 and a one-year low of $14.60. Currently, SLM has an average volume of 2.84M.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
SLM Corp. engages in the origination, servicing, and administration of education loans. Its services include private education loans, banking, college savings, and insurance services. The company was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Newark, DE.
Read More on SLM:
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW) Gets a Buy Rating from J.P. Morgan
- Seagen (SGEN) Receives a Buy from J.P. Morgan
- Ryder System (R) Gets a Hold Rating from J.P. Morgan
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Gets a Sell Rating from J.P. Morgan
- Retail Opportunity Investments (ROIC) Gets a Hold Rating from J.P. Morgan