According to TipRanks.com, Katai is a 1-star analyst with an average return of -2.1% and a 54.3% success rate. Katai covers the Consumer Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Bj’s Wholesale Club Holdings, Grocery Outlet Holding, and Albertsons Companies.
Currently, the analyst consensus on Costco is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $579.95, representing a 24.7% upside. In a report issued on May 27, Citigroup also maintained a Hold rating on the stock with a $510.00 price target.
Based on Costco’s latest earnings release for the quarter ending May 31, the company reported a quarterly revenue of $52.6 billion and net profit of $1.35 billion. In comparison, last year the company earned revenue of $62.68 billion and had a net profit of $1.67 billion.
Based on the recent corporate insider activity of 55 insiders, corporate insider sentiment is negative on the stock. This means that over the past quarter there has been an increase of insiders selling their shares of COST in relation to earlier this year.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
Incorporated in 1983, Costco Wholesale Corp. operates an international chain of membership-only warehouse clubs. It sells product categories, including groceries, appliances, automotive supplies, toys, hardware, sporting goods, books, housewares, and apparel among others. The company is based in Issaquah, Washington.
Read More on COST:
- Deutsche Bank Sticks to Their Buy Rating for Linde (LIN)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Salesforce (CRM) and Broadcom (AVGO)
- Analysts Have Conflicting Sentiments on These Healthcare Companies: BioNTech SE (BNTX) and Aptose Biosciences (APTO)
- Analysts’ Opinions Are Mixed on These Consumer Goods Stocks: Capri Holdings (CPRI) and Canada Goose Holdings (GOOS)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Services Companies: Booking Holdings (BKNG) and Green Dot (GDOT)