In a report released today, Mark Wilde from BMO Capital maintained a Buy rating on International Paper Co (IP – Research Report), with a price target of $60.00. The company’s shares closed last Friday at $43.08, close to its 52-week low of $40.21.
According to TipRanks.com, Wilde is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 12.8% and a 61.9% success rate. Wilde covers the Basic Materials sector, focusing on stocks such as Ardagh Metal Packaging, West Fraser Timber Co, and Berry Global Group.
International Paper Co has an analyst consensus of Hold, with a price target consensus of $46.43.
International Paper Co’s market cap is currently $15.94B and has a P/E ratio of 9.48.
Based on the recent corporate insider activity of 40 insiders, corporate insider sentiment is negative on the stock. This means that over the past quarter there has been an increase of insiders selling their shares of IP in relation to earlier this year.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
International Paper Co. engages in the manufacture of paper and packaging products. It operates through the following segments: Industrial Packaging, Global Cellulose Fibers, and Printing Papers. The Industrial Packaging segment involves in the manufacturing of containerboards, which include linerboard, medium, whitetop, recycled linerboard, recycled medium, and saturating kraft. The Global Cellulose Fibers segment offers cellulose fibers product portfolio includes fluff, market, and specialty pulps. The Printing Papers segment includes manufacturing of the printing and writing papers. The company was founded by Hugh J. Chisholm in 1898 and is headquartered in Memphis, TN.
Read More on IP:
- BMO Capital Believes The Hershey Company (HSY) Won’t Stop Here
- Analysts Have Conflicting Sentiments on These Services Companies: Forrester Research (FORR), Texas Roadhouse (TXRH) and GFL Environmental (GFL)
- Analysts Have Conflicting Sentiments on These Financial Companies: Cboe Global Markets (CBOE) and Carlyle Group (CG)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Materials Companies: Arch Resources (ARCH), Cameco (CCJ) and Celanese (CE)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) and Seagen (SGEN)