In a report released today, James Thalacker from BMO Capital maintained a Buy rating on Xcel Energy (XEL – Research Report), with a price target of $76.00. The company’s shares closed last Thursday at $69.83.
According to TipRanks.com, Thalacker is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 9.1% and a 83.0% success rate. Thalacker covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as Constellation Energy Corporation, Public Service Enterprise, and American Electric Power.
Currently, the analyst consensus on Xcel Energy is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $74.13.
Based on Xcel Energy’s latest earnings release for the quarter ending December 31, the company reported a quarterly revenue of $3.36 billion and net profit of $315 million. In comparison, last year the company earned revenue of $2.95 billion and had a net profit of $288 million.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
Xcel Energy Inc. engages in generating, purchasing, transmitting, distributing, and selling electricity. It generates electricity through nuclear, natural gas, coal, hydroelectric, wood/refuse, solar, and wind energy sources. The company sells to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in eight Western and Midwestern states.
Read More on XEL:
- BMO Capital Reaffirms Their Buy Rating on AbbVie (ABBV)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Materials Companies: Nutrien (NTR), Torex Gold Resources (OtherTORXF) and Steel Dynamics (STLD)
- Mizuho Securities Thinks Avrobio’s Stock is Going to Recover
- Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: Liquidia Technologies (LQDA) and Ayr Wellness (OtherAYRWF)
- NIO Inc. Q4 Earnings Preview: What to Expect