RBC Capital analyst Jon Arfstrom maintained a Hold rating on American Express (AXP – Research Report) on July 8 and set a price target of $175.00. The company’s shares closed last Tuesday at $139.18, close to its 52-week low of $134.30.
According to TipRanks.com, Arfstrom is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 20.6% and a 53.7% success rate. Arfstrom covers the Financial sector, focusing on stocks such as Zions Bancorporation National Association, Old National Bancorp Capital, and Provident Financial Services.
The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for American Express with a $179.20 average price target, representing a 30.3% upside. In a report issued on July 11, Barclays also maintained a Hold rating on the stock with a $157.00 price target.
American Express’ market cap is currently $105.9B and has a P/E ratio of 14.08.
Based on the recent corporate insider activity of 40 insiders, corporate insider sentiment is negative on the stock. This means that over the past quarter there has been an increase of insiders selling their shares of AXP in relation to earlier this year.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
Founded in 1850, American Express Co. is a financial services corporation which provides charge and credit card products, as well as travel-related services worldwide. The company operates through the Global Consumer Services Group, Global Commercial Services, and Global Merchant and Network Services.
Read More on AXP:
- Wall Street Analysts Are Neutral on Top Materials Picks
- Analysts Offer Insights on Healthcare Companies: Exelixis (EXEL), Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) and Tecan Group AG (OtherTCHBF)
- Analysts Have Conflicting Sentiments on These Financial Companies: Bread Financial Holdings (BFH), Deutsche Bank AG (DB) and EPR Properties (EPR)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Utilities Companies: Advantage Energy (OtherAAVVF), Baytex Energy (OtherBTEGF) and Devon Energy (DVN)
- Suncorp Group Limited (SNMYF) Gets a Sell Rating from Morgan Stanley