After J.P. Morgan and Loop Capital Markets gave Academy Sports and Outdoors (NASDAQ: ASO) a Buy rating last month, the company received another Buy, this time from Evercore ISI. Analyst Greg Melich maintained a Buy rating on Academy Sports and Outdoors yesterday and set a price target of $65.00. The company’s shares closed last Wednesday at $39.17.
According to TipRanks.com, Melich is a 3-star analyst with an average return of 5.2% and a 57.8% success rate. Melich covers the Consumer Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Floor & Decor Holdings, Advance Auto Parts, and O’Reilly Auto.
Currently, the analyst consensus on Academy Sports and Outdoors is a Strong Buy with an average price target of $58.80, representing a 48.8% upside. In a report issued on March 21, J.P. Morgan also maintained a Buy rating on the stock with a $58.00 price target.
See today’s best-performing stocks on TipRanks >>
Academy Sports and Outdoors’ market cap is currently $3.5B and has a P/E ratio of 6.03.
Based on the recent corporate insider activity of 57 insiders, corporate insider sentiment is positive on the stock. This means that over the past quarter there has been an increase of insiders buying their shares of ASO in relation to earlier this year.
TipRanks has tracked 36,000 company insiders and found that a few of them are better than others when it comes to timing their transactions. See which 3 stocks are most likely to make moves following their insider activities.
Operating a chain of sporting goods stores, Academy Sports and Outdoors offers a broad range of hunting, fishing and camping equipment as well as sports and leisure products.
Read More on ASO:
- ArcBest (ARCB) Gets a Buy Rating from Stifel Nicolaus
- Analysts’ Opinions Are Mixed on These Consumer Goods Stocks: Sportsman’s Warehouse (SPWH), RH (RH) and Lululemon Athletica (LULU)
- Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Verint Systems (VRNT), Esker SA (OtherESKEF) and SYNNEX (SNX)
- Analysts’ Opinions Are Mixed on These Financial Stocks: CBRE Group (CBRE) and Sarcos Technology and Robotics (STRC)
- Analysts’ Top Healthcare Picks: Molecular Templates (MTEM), Albireo Pharma (ALBO)